Summary Bipolar disorder, originally known as manic-depressive illness, is a mental disorder characterized by periods of mania and depression. Manic episodes are the hallmark feature of this condition and consist of an abnormally high, expansive, or irritable mood, as well as constantly increased activity or energy.
New York, March 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report “Bipolar Disorder – Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2030” – https://www.reportlinker.com/p06244156/?utm_source=GNW
Conversely, depression phases involve significant depressed mood and loss of interest or pleasure. The frequency, severity, and pattern of these episodes can vary greatly over time and among individuals, making bipolar disorder one of the most difficult psychiatric disorders to manage.
The market for bipolar disorders is competitive and crowded with a multitude of approved therapies, many of which are available as inexpensive generics. Drugs approved for the bipolar disorder market can be divided into two broad categories: mood stabilizers and antipsychotics.
Lithium is widely considered the gold standard for bipolar disorder due to its effectiveness as a maintenance treatment and its ability to treat acute episodes of mania and depression.
– Moderate growth is expected in the bipolar disorder market from 2020 to 2030.
– The analyst expects seven drugs in late-stage development to be launched during the forecast period. These are expected to be the major growth driver for the bipolar disorder market in 8MM.
– The analyst expects Intra-Cellular Therapies’ Caplyta to become the top-selling drug in the bipolar disorder market with sales of $800 million in 2030.
– The current major players in the bipolar disorder market are those that market atypical antipsychotic products. However, many products have lost market exclusivity or are facing imminent patent expiration. As such, many of the respective companies are expected to lose their positions in this market over the forecast period due to generic competition.
– There remain opportunities for pharmaceutical companies to develop drugs with improved safety profiles, as well as new drugs developed specifically for bipolar disorder.
Answers to key questions
– What are the main treatments for bipolar disorder in 2020?
– When will the late-stage pipeline products be launched and how will this affect drug sales and the overall 8MM bipolar disorder market?
– What unmet needs will remain unmet during the forecast period and what opportunities remain for pharmaceutical companies?
– Overview of bipolar disorder, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
– Bipolar disorder therapeutics market annualized revenue, therapy cost per patient, and treatment utilization patterns in three patient segments (Bipolar I, Bipolar II, and Cyclothymic Disorder) forecasted from 2020 to 2030.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the bipolar disorder therapeutics market.
– Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data assessing emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development for the treatment of bipolar disorder. The most promising candidates in phase III and IIb of development are profiled.
– Analysis of current and future competition in the global Bipolar Disorder Therapeutics market. In-depth review of key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will allow you to –
– Develop and design your licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and identifying companies with the strongest pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Bipolar Disorder Therapeutics market.
– To generate revenue by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies that are likely to impact the global Bipolar Disorder Therapeutics market in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the categories and market segments that present the maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06244156/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need – instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: [email protected] US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001